Member Event: Johnston Health Champions 5K & 10K Run/Walk
Welcome to the Johnston Health Foundation's CHAMPIONS 5K & 10K event, presented byHealthQuest Fitness and Wellness Center. This year's event features our 7th CHAMPIONS 5K, 3rd 5K Dog Run/Walk, and 2nd Annual CHAMPIONS 10K Run. It is a timed run and fun walk event for all ages and fitness levels – definitely family, pet and stroller friendly.
It's easy to participate!
Just SIGN UP, TRAIN UP, AND SHOW UP!
Why join Champions 5K/10K?
1) We are using USATF Certified Courses. See our 5K & 10K course maps below.
2) We will have Accurate Electronic Timing.
3) The registration fee includes the timer, a shirt, snacks, water, awards, and other sponsor goodies.
4) We are supporting 2 great causes!
- ANGEL FUND to support cancer patients experiencing financial hardship; and
- HEALTHY KIDS FUND to address childhood obesity issues in our community through health and fitness scholarships.
Thursday, April 12, 2018
5pm – ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES
Friday, April 13, 2018 PACKET PICK UP DAY
7am-7pm - Team/participant packet pick up @ HealthQuest.
You don’t have to check-in if you already picked up your packet on May 5. The packet will include your t-shirt, timer chip, bib, pins, and event day reminders. Please make sure to not lose your pre-assigned bib and timer chip. There is a $10 fee for each lost timer chip.
7am-7pm - Pre-event offline registrations accepted @ HealthQuest.
Saturday, April 14, 2018, RACE DAY!
8:00-8:45am –Onsite Registration & Participant Check in. Have selfie & team photos taken. Visit sponsor tents & Kids zone.
8:40 am – Opening program
8:50 am – Pre-walk/Run Warmups
9:00 am - 10K Run & 5K Walk/Run Kicks Off (1st wave: Runners; 2nd Wave- Dogs Runners; 3rd wave: Walkers; 4th wave: Dog Walkers).
10:00 am – Returning participants to visit sponsor stations, enjoy healthy snacks, an hour of line dancing and Zumba. Kids games begin.
11:00 am (or earlier) - Awards Ceremony
11:40am - Event ends
For more information on Volunteer and Sponsorship Opportunities: